Cheddar Chicken Potpie
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups peeled cubed potatoes
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For crust, in a small bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut butter in
- flour until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Gradually add the
- water, mixing gently with a fork. Gather into a ball. Cover with
- plastic wrap and chill at least 30 minutes.
- For filling, Place broth in a Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Add
- vegetables. Reduce heat; simmer 10-15 minutes or until vegetables
2 of 2
Cheddar Chicken Potpie (continued)
- are tender.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and milk; stir into broth mixture.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until slightly thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in cheese, chicken, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Heat
- until cheese melts. Spoon into a 10-in. (2-1/2 to 3-qt.) casserole.
- Set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll crust to fit top of casserole,
- trimming edges as necessary. Place on casserole over filling; seal
- edges. Make several slits in center of crust for steam to escape.
- Bake at 425° for 40 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6
Now since this is a stamping blog and stamping often competes with my other love, food, I felt that I should share a quick video from Stampin' Up! in regards to the differences between Aquapainters and Blender Pens. All for today. Have to go figure out my craft for the Daisy troop Camping Weekend. Wish me Luck.