At Leadership, one of the things that Stampin' Up! encouraged us to share with you is the My Paper Pumpkin subscription program. The Paper Pumpkin program was rolled out earlier this year and what it is designed to do is give you a little taste of crafting each and every month. Each kit comes complete with everything to complete the "kit". For instance, you would get stamps, ink and all cardstock or supplies for the set monthly project. It's actually pretty fun and we were shown the projects for Jan, Feb and March (no, I didn't take pictures! I didn't want to spoil the surprise!) and let me tell you, I'm signing up MYSELF!
Now, who is this designed for? Honestly, since I've got boatloads of stamps, paper and ink I was really quite hesitant to take the plunge and really this program is probably NOT designed for those of you that are HARDCORE stampers with oceans of creativity! (Although, SU has beefed up the program to include MORE projects in each kit. I think Jan. Feb, and March have like 6-8 cards in them…I can't remember specifics but I do remember they were AWESOME!)
So why am I ordering it? Here's who I think will be perfect Paper Pumpkin candidates.
1. Young Crafters: I'm actually ordering the kit for Ella. She's seven and is a very talented crafter BUT when I'm working I can't focus on my projects while she's pulling stuff from my stashes! So when we "craft" she can I think she will be DELIGHTED to receive a kit each month and it's going to be COMPLETE so that it will occupy her for a time.
2. College Age Students – wouldn't you rather have your college age student crafting instead of out bar-hopping? :) Again, everything is complete for an evening of enjoyment and relaxation and since it's limited supplies you aren't hauling carloads of goods back home in May.
3. Snow Birds – Again, probably same philosophy as the above College Age Students – Wouldn't you rather be crafting instead of spending your kids' inheritance on bingo? And again, you won't be carting too much back north when you return in spring
4. My Mom! – I just signed her up for this kit and because it's on a month to month basis, she can participate as long as she'd like. Mom does like to craft and I'm sure she'll have fun crafting with Ella but she doesn't have a lot of supplies and it's instant gratification
5. Need a Jump Start to Creativity? – do you sit down and think, now what? This is a great way to get crafting.
6. Busy Busy Moms with a Pinterest Habit – So we all want the cute cards and projects on pinterest and unfortunately we are too Busy to set aside time. Paper Pumpkin will be the answer! Spending weekend in a hotel watching junior play baseball, soccer etc. This is exactly the "kit" you will need to escape your reality!
5. Anyone needing a little stamp therapy. – I'm telling you that stamping is GREAT therapy. Sick of winter? Stressed out by family issues? Here's a little happiness delived in a red box.
So now that you see that you need a little Paper Pumpkin surprise each month…here's a few details
Q: How Much?
A: $19.95 – Too cool! and when you sign up before Feb 10th you will get a free set of 2012-2014 In Color Markers in your kit! that's a $14.95 value!
Q: When Will I Be Billed?
A: Your credit card will be charged as soon as your Paper Pumpkin ships. You will get an e-mail notifying you that your card has been charged.
Q: What comes in my Paper Pumpkin?
A: It's a surprise each month—anticipation for the surprise is seriously half the fun! No worries, though, you'll have everything you need to complete the project: paper, stamps, ink, accessories, and more! (You will need adhesive.)
Q: Is my subscription on auto renew?
A: Yes, your subscription is on auto renew. However, you can skip a month or cancel at any time. Simply log on to your account and click "manage my pumpkin" on or before the 10th of the month in order to skip the Paper Pumpkin for that month or cancel completely.
Q: When do I need to sign up in order to get my Paper Pumpkin for a specific month?
A: You need to sign up by the 10th of the month in order to receive your Paper Pumpkin for that month. If you sign up after the 10th―no worries! You will get your first kit the following month. You'll know your Paper Pumpkin is on its way when you receive your shipment confirmation e-mail.
Now What? Head over to www.mypaperpumpkin.com and sign up. It's going to ask if you have a demonstrator and you can enter my name, Sarah Schueler in the box! And the really fun thing about this…if I can get 5 more Paper Pumpkin subscribers by Jan 25th, I will get a free gift from Shelli Gardner, our CEO. Ooooh, I hope it's free stamps!