Ok then, I've been either chained to my stamping desk/My Digital Studio or the garden these last few days. It's been an extremely product week. Adria has been helping me in the office this week, while she's on Spring Break. My regular assistant has been AWOL, on vacation. The Nerve. haha. so Adria's been earning a little cash here and there.
And because I've been in Pre-Expo mood, I haven't had a chance to design any fabulous cards for the blog this week so alas we'll have to eat…..chocolate of course.
Here's a recipe that came over my desk this week and I'm dying to try it. Let's both make a batch so that we can pour over the Retired List that's coming out in a few hours! So here's your recipe from The Farm Girl blog. It's Better than Sex Chex Mix, or Better Than Taylor Lautner, or George Clooney or whatever the current heart throb is. Let me know what you think about this stuff!
Better Than Sex Chex Mix
8 cups Rice Chex cereal (you can also use the chocolate variety)
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
6 tbsp butter
3 tbsp Light Corn Syrup
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 cup MINI Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
1 cup mini marshmallows
1/2 cup caramel bits (if you can't find those 12 regular caramels work too)
1 tbsp heavy cream
3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1 tsp coarse sea salt.
1. Pour measured cereal into a large microwaveable bowl. Set aside.
2. Line cookie sheet with waxed paper or foil and set aside.
3. In a small microwaveable bowl, heat brown sugar, butter and corn syrup uncovered on high for 1-2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute, until melted and smooth. Stir in baking soda until dissolved. Pour caramel mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Place bowl in microwave and microwave on high for 3 minutes, stirring after every minute. Spread on lined cookie sheet. Cool 10 minutes and then break into bite-sized pieces.
3. After the Chex mixture is cool to the touch, evenly sprinkle mini peanut butter cups candy and mini marshmallows over the Chex mixture.
4. In a small microwaveable bowl, microwave caramel baking bits and cream uncovered on high for 1 minute or until chips can be stirred smooth. Use a spoon or fork to drizzle over Chex mixture. Repeat with milk chocolate baking chips and again with the white baking chips. Quickly sprinkle coarse salt over all the chex mixture while candy drizzles are still wet. Don't skip the salt it's totally worth it!
5. Refrigerate until set. Break apart and store in tightly covered container. Enjoy!
So that's it for tonight. I'll try popping back in with your retiring list and then have that office assistant tally the retiring list contest winners.