Just in case any one of you was planning on skipping today's Open Stamp Day, let me just tempt you. Surfing the net recently I came across some adorable giraffe punch art by a demonstrator named, Lynn Pratt. Too cute….so I incorporated her giraffe into my little kid birthday card for today's event.
What is Open Stamp Day you ask? Well, it's my Hostess Club. I have designated two days for my Club to meet. They arrive anytime during the listed hours, have coffee and biscotti, chat with me and whomever is here at the time, and then stamp a couple of really cute projects for free. They each place a $20 order and once during the length of the club, they are the "hostess" and receive all the usual Hostess Benefits. I know, fun hey? But…you say you aren't a member, well, I've worked that out too. EVERYONE is welcome to come. Simply bring a minimum of a $25 order and you can stamp along with the "clubbies". No benefits but no committment either…Works for everyone. Obviously, joining the club has serious perks!
So here's one of the three projects for today's event. We are doing a salted background technique (you saw that in the last newsletter- sign up in the upper right corner if you aren't on the list yet!), a Valentine favor and this adorable card.
TIDBITS & Triffles – just a few notes
- I haven't used my Word Play stamp set as much as I should. It's so hip and cute.
- The White Gel Pen freehanded around the perimeter of the Scallop Circle gives you the cute edging.
- Punches used: Five Petal Punch (ears), 1" circle (head), Small Oval (mouth, nose and tongue), 1 3/8" Circle Punch (body), Word Window Punch (neck) Horizontal Slot (retired-horns), Double Circle Puch (retired-Horns, irises, and nostrils), 1/4" Circle Punch (eyes)
- This card would probably need to be sent in a 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" square envelope that we sell. It's
- I’ve used Sahara Sand, Marine Mist, Cajun Craze, and More Mustard CS for this card..
(Don't look too closely at the scratches in my wood floor or the knot hole – I must talk my woodfloor working husband into recoatingg them….but that would mean I couldn't stamp for a couple of days!)
So what do you think! Want to come and stamp with me today? You would have a blast! Can't make it, I can get you a full list of supplies and don't forget that you will receive a free tutorial with any order placed with me in person, or online.
- To order your Stampin’ Up! supplies – 24-7, Click here!