Don't I WISH it were Friday instead of Mundane Monday. I've got Fugue samples for you…you know the Inspiration and Variations on a theme type Posts that I usually do on FRIDAYS.(I'm slowly catching up and only running about 4 days behind, I should'nt say that very loud as that's certain to jinx me.)
Here's the original card. I love the Fun-Foldness of this card. It was sent to me as a Hip Hip Hooray from Jill Olsen. Jill is one of the very first demonstrators in the company and has over 5000ish demonstrators in her group. I was one of the Top 30 in her group in January and who-hoo, the letter fairy came.
So Fugue #1, was shared with you a couple of days ago. Click here to check it out. Then I needed a baby card for a couple that have had their second child, a girl, obviously. I had gotten the cute little Forest Friends as one of my Sale-e-bration choices. You know, the FREE Stamps event here with SU this month!
- Stamps: Forest Friends, Teeny Tiny Wishes
- Inks: Close to Cocoa and Certainly Celery Markers, Chocolate Chip Pad
- CS: Shades of Spring DSP, Pretty in Pink, Barely Banana
- Misc: Vanilla Grosgrain Ribbon
The cutting dimensions are as follows:
- Pretty In Pink: 1 @ 5 1/2" x 4 1/4", 1 @ 2 1/4" x 8 1/2", 1 @ 2 1/2 x 2 1/2"
- White: 1@ 2 1/4" x 2 1/4"(outside), 1@ 2 1/2" x 2 1/2"(inside flap)
- Barely Banana: 2 3/4" x 2 3/4"
- DSP: 1@ 4" x 5 1/4", 1 @ 2" x 4"
Layer DSP onto the card base and then fold long strip of pink in half and secure to the back of card about 5/8" from the left side. Adhere the DSP to the front of the flap. Stamp images and layer on pink and then again on banana, securing on the left sideof the layer to the flap. I adhered another piece of white to the center of the card on the inside so that writing would be contained and hidden.
Fugue #4: The DSP Kit of the Month is Thoroughly Modern and here's a card that didn't make the cut into the Kit! I know, if this is a reject, imagine the keepers! I needed several thank you cards to send to friends and family that helped out with funeral arrangements, luncheon food and brought food to the house. We stamped a hundred or so for my brother but I had a few that I need to send out in addition, so here's the card that I'm using.
- Stamps: Simply Said
- Inks: Rose Red, Basic Brown
- CS: Thoroughly Modern, Chocolate Chip
- Misc: Oval Punches, Chocolate Taffeta Ribbon
So back to reality….it's Monday, not Friday. Off to start the car to bring Adria to the bus stop. Can you believe it's over 3/4 of a mile? It's going to be nice today so maybe Ella and I can walk to the stop and help tote her backpack in the wagon.