I just have to share a beautiful layout one of my Saturday night Scrapbook Club members did this weekend. My scrapbook clubs meet on a monthly basis and have time to work on their albums or projects in the comfort of my stampin' cottage. They are welcome to use any of my stamps, pads, idea books etc. Of course the best benefit is that they have me! Kidding! (I was going to say the biggest benefit and while my holiday eating was seriously out of hand, I wasn't sure my fragile ego could endure "the biggest" title so I went with BEST. )
The times that I have listed are 6pm to midnight but we are pretty flexible about that. Some scrappers come early and leave early and some come early and stay really late! Hey when you are on a roll, don't quit just because the clock say 2:30am! If the mojo is working, you better take advantage of it.
I have two scrapbook groups. A Friday and Saturday club and members can come either night if their "given" night isn't going to work for them. They commit to placing a $25 order each month and then will be the "hostess" once every six months. We are ready to start a new round in March and we have just one opening in my Friday night club! Interested in joining a laugh riot? Great productive fun!
Here's Rika's layout.
& Triffles – just a few notes
- Rika used the Sweet Pea Stitched Felt flowers on her
page. I’ve found that the glue dots
work the best for adhering these adorable embellishments.
- We used the Cutter kit to get the wave.
- Quik-kutz Eliza Mini (my very first alphabet die!)
was used. The Big Shot is even
capable of cutting out Quik-Kutz and dies from other companies.
- One hint: Rika fond it would have been easier to use one portrait and two landscape views. She had three landscapes and the far right photo was an extremely tight fit even with some adjusting and a portrait or two would allow your wave to be wider.
Here's a quick tutorial on making your wave.
1. Choose your layout colors. The top color and the border colors. Rika used chocolate Chip and two sheets of retired Good Morning Sunshine DSP. Stack them up. (note: they don't need to be the exact same size, although you will want the same width.
your Stampin’ Up! supplies – 24-7, Click here!