So this week’s challenge is embossing. I can say that I have a tendency to steer clear of this technique as it’s so messy! (yeah, I know what you’re thinking…"why she’s starting to stress over messy now! She’s on a first name basis with Chaos. She usually can’t even find the desk to stamp on, let alone worry about some embossing powder blowing around.") Yeah, I know, weird, isn’t it?
But then when I pull out the Embossing Powder and the Heat Tool, I remember why it gets oohs and aahs. Magic happens! So if I can overlook clutter and mess in every other area of my life, why not the here too.
So these are a few things that I’ve done for classes. Brayered Batik was for my technique class this week. The tent card was for a private Girl’s Nite Out (you can email me to set your party up!) Christmas card will be for an upcoming Card class (more details to follow next week)
- Stamps: Noble Deer, In My Thoughts
- Inks: Versamark, Basic Black, Old Olive, Pumpkin Patch Spectrum Pad
- CS: Old Olive, More Mustard, Watercolor Paper
- Misc: River Rock Ribbon, Brayered Batik Technique
- card was from Sept Techniques Class
- Stamps: City Of David
- Inks: Versamark Pad, Late November Spectrum Pad
- Old Olive, Elegant Eggplant, Watercolor Paper
- Misc: Gold Cording, Punch, Brayer, Neutral Watercolor Pencils
- card is for an upcoming Christmas Card Class and my downline meeting for this month. The picture doesn’t do this technique justice. It’s really quite fun.
I’m not happy with the last card’s photo, so I’ll need to retake it this week and post here as well. I’ve had a full day and I’m calling it quits for the night. Nite Nite.